The Market Manager is responsible for operations of the Surfside Beach (Tuesdays), Little River (Thursdays), North Myrtle Beach (Fridays), and Market Common (Saturdays) Farmers Markets from May 1 through October 31, 2020. Market Managers are required to arrive two (2) hours before opening time of the Market, work the duration of the Market, and remain on site until the last vendor is gone.
The Market Manager is a seasonal, hourly position with the responsibility of being the “go-to” person for vendors and customers during the markets and is the Waccamaw Market Cooperative representative on site. The Market Manager will be an employee of the Waccamaw Market Cooperative and report to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in local agriculture, food, and community. Must be reliable, friendly, self-motivated, and have a valid driver’s license.
- Willing and able to work outdoors
- Be on-site at the Market and available to vendors and consumers
- Safety lift and carry 50 pounds
- Operate company vehicle
- Maintain accurate daily records and collect vendor fees
- Work independently and as a team
- Good working relationship with other WMC employees, volunteers, vendors, and consumers
- Disperse applicable vendor documentation
- Enforces Market rules and guidelines
- Assist with vendor set up and brief personal breaks
- Set up and operate WMC booth: answer questions, hand out educational material, and sell promotional items
- Assist any cooking demonstrations, educational programming, music or other cultural activities and special events at the Market
Send resume and cover letter to:
Waccamaw Market Cooperative
5001 N. Kings Hwy.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
The Waccamaw Market Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.